- An early version of this song, called "Song Called That" was performed at the earliest Cud shows. Cud would later write and record a "Song Called That" for the b-side of the Through The Roof single release.
- A track on the first ever Cud EP, released on Reception Records
- Carl Puttnam was born in Ilford, Essex and left the town to study in Leeds
- "Mind The Gap" is the mantra of the London Underground: Wnastead, Newbury Park and Gants Hill are all stops on the Central Line
- Also the song that Cud sent to Radio 1 DJ John Peel who then invited them to record a Peel Session
- Spotted a mistake? Email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mind The Gap
People say where they say live is shit,
But their talk don't mean much a thing to me,
Ilford, Gants Hill, Newbury Park,
Are more shit than anywhere else can be
End of weekdays Ilford Town,
Castleford Park it gets me down,
....walk to walk,
Talking over girls and her Essex drawl
Too near to town, too far from town,
I love it, hate it,
Love it, hate it,
Love it, hate it
M98, bus very late,
Social workers get of at, er, Forest Gate,
If you wanna try the tube instead,
A nouveau, nouveau, nouveau, nouveau hippies from Wanstead.